S1: WHY NASHVILLE?

It's a funny thing, to point out a city on a map and suddenly decide you want to go there.

Well, it wasn't exactly the way it happened, but it is not so far from the truth either. Out of all the places in the world, I quit my job to spend some time in Nashville, Tennessee. Why?


Nashville was not a city I was familiar with just over a year ago... shame on me! But, it comforts me to see people are asking me where Nashville actually is in the US (see map below), what is so special about it and why I chose to go there. 

Nashville, Tennessee (Google Maps)
For several years, I'd been wanting to take a tour around Europe or was dreaming of a road trip with my guitar around the US. But suddenly, I'm taking off for... Nashville!? Let's rewind:

It was just another normal day at work when my colleague and I were discussing our love for folk music. He told me I would love the 'Nashville' TV series and damn right he was! It took me some time to start watching, not sure I'd like pure country music that much. But once I did, I couldn't let go. I fell in love with Gunnar and Scarlett's songs throughout the episodes and found inspiration to write new tunes of my own.


I had been going through an 'empty' phase for some time, songwriting-wise, and since inspiration came flowing back as I was watching the TV show, I decided to have a better look into the city of Nashville, also called 'Music City'. 

Music City! What better place could there be for someone like me wanting to develop their art, meet other singers/musicians and live a 100% musical experience? I didn't have to think twice about where I was going. All I needed to do was make the move.

Takeoff in 6 days!

1 comment: