S1: GOODBYE NASHVILLE...

Nashville love. A heart-shaped leaf
I found on my last day in Nashville.
Time is up.

It's only fair that I share the end of my Nashville adventure with you, who have been following my blog from its start, 2 months ago. And to you all, thank you for reading!

Before I left, I was thinking two months could go fast, like it could go very slowly would Nashville not have been the right place for me. What to expect? I was also wondering if quitting my job and financial security for just 2 months of living my dream was really worth it. Well, today I have the answers to all that, and it was well worth every sacrifice and every penny.

Something happened there. I got to know myself better, I got to share and I got to improve being an artist and a human being. All that in just two months. The intensity of it all was such, that the last week before heading back to Switzerland was an unexpected emotional rollercoaster. When you finally let yourself be who you've always wanted to be, when you've surprised yourself with things you'd never suspected about yourself, when you've put everything you had into these 2 precious months... Well, leaving all that behind was not going to be that easy for me. But, I was still very happy to soon get to see my friends and family again.

European sun rise on the way back.
So here I am, back in Switzerland, since Wednesday. Jet lag is definitely not the best company, causing me to wake up at 3 a.m. these past few nights, hungry and missing Nashville. The feeling of being back is like that strange one you get when you've been pulled out of a really good dream and you try to close your eyes to make it continue. But, reality doesn't let you play that game. I am back again, like I had never left. Only, I know that I've come back different, and "richer".

It's funny how leaving opens your eyes on a whole load of things that you tend not to see anymore when you've been living somewhere long enough. It's a richness that travel gives you, to come back and see things differently although you have to adapt all over again, to a 'home' that has suddenly become strange to you. Strange is the word. The feeling of returning after such an intense trip is 'strange' and I'm lost for words to explain that better. Mixed feelings, between the emptiness of having left it all behind and the happiness of having experienced it, along with the questions on my upcoming future.

This trip would never have been so powerful without the following people:

Lisa Haupert, singing teacher at Shameless Singing. She helped me resolve many of my vocal issues that were causing me much stress and unhappiness before I left, helped me rediscover my voice and release it. I can only recommend her lessons if you are in Nashville! Thank you so much Lisa.

A lesson with Lisa Haupert at Shameless Singing Studios in Berry Hill, Nashville.

Antoinette Olesen, songwriter. Thanks to Antoinette's coaching, I have come back with 3 songs written in Nashville, 3 songs that I am happy with because I finally managed to give them the depth I had not been able to previously. Thanks for all your great advice and your support Antoinette!

Work session with Antoinette and Patrik.

Tina, manager at Music City Hostel and friend. Tina was one of those special people who was there throughout my whole trip and with whom there was an immediate friendly connexion. Thank you for all your support and all the good times Tina!

Patrik, my Nashville buddy from Sweden who spent a long time there as well. Thanks for all moments we shared discovering Nashville, playing music and having a good laugh!

And of course, there were so many others who made the whole experience complete...! :-) 

Thank you to my friends back at home as well, who were also of great support during this whole trip and YOU all for reading and following my adventures via TakeOff Avenue. I hope my stories will have inspired you to not be afraid to follow your dreams from time and time and give yourself a break in life. I swear it's worth it.

I'm looking forward to hopefully sharing new songs with you soon! But for now, it's time for me to sort out my new life adventures, those real ones. See y'all! :)

The garden of Music City Hostel, Nashville, where I spent all my time writing songs and hanging out with great people.
I'll miss this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment